Staying warm during the winter months is always a must, especially for the plumbing. With below freezing temperatures for several weeks during this time of year, we ask all residents to please do the following to help keep the pipes from freezing:
- Leave all windows CLOSED.
- Do NOT turn off the heat. Keep your temperature setting on your thermostat to 65 degrees or higher.
- Alert the management office that you will be away for an extended period of time.
- Let the faucets slowly drip
- Open cabinet doors under all sinks to circulate warmer air around the pipes.
- If you experience a water leak or a pipe has burst, please call 540-720-2001 immediately and leave a message for our on-call emergency maintenance. Do not attempt to thaw out frozen pipes yourself.
Note: Any damage to personal property will not be covered by the Ultris Courthouse Square insurance, so make sure your renter’s insurance policy and automobile policy is up-to-date.
Your cooperation in this matter is greatly appreciated. As always, if you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to stop by or call our office.